Monday, July 28, 2014

INSTEAD OF A LOVE POEM

What pleasure do you get from tormenting me with kisses?
Ah, but I wish I could caress you like the wind.
How I long to fall upon you like the rain.
Like Puck I would anoint your eyes with the juice of a flower
so that waking you would look upon me and pity my suffering.

Naked, I go in and out of meadows
searching for the blossom that took Cupid’s arrow.
I bring you all the flowers I can gather
but none of them seem to work the magic I desire.

Next, I burrow deep in the belly of the Earth
to dig out the precious stones,
but even these leave you cold to my embraces.

So, instead of catching starlight in a crystal,
I will tickle you with a peacock feather,
I will stroke your belly with a rose,
I will shower you with lilac blossoms,
I will spread the nectar of honeysuckle over your breasts,
I will rub the pollen from a thousand wild orchids
over the finely polished marble of your flesh.

My passion will overthrow your resistance
as I take you rapturously in my arms.
My hands will slide over your belly and your breasts,
I will envelop you like a storm cloud

and come down upon you like the lightning.

No comments:

Post a Comment