Wednesday, April 30, 2014

THE RAIN SPEAKS TO ME OF YOU

The rain speaks to me of you,
softly murmuring,
telling me what it thinks I need to know.
But I always want to hear more.
I want to know how you take off your clothes
when I am not there.
I want to know how you look at yourself
in the mirror, when I am not there.
I want to know you when I’m not there.

The moon speaks to me of you.
She sees you through your window
and knows you when I am not there.
She is your sister of the skies,
and she smiles at my ignorance.
I want to know how you sleep,
how your limbs lie among the bedclothes
when I am not there.
I want to know you when I am not there.

The ocean waves too are your sisters,
and when I lie naked on the beach
they whisper to me of you,
saying, “So, you think you know her!”
They laugh at my ignorance of you.
I want to know what thoughts pass through your mind,
I want to know what dreams may come
when I am not there.

I want to know who you are when I’m not there.

No comments:

Post a Comment